Friday, April 9, 2010

Jeremy Hanna




I was married to the former Andrea Sinden on 28 February, 2009 in the
Seattle, Washington temple. It took some time to find her. I told
her that I was looking everywhere for her but she said I just needed
to look down ;). She is not that short though - she is 5'6" and I am
6'5" so we kind of compliment each other in a wacky numerical
palindrome sort of way.

I consider myself so very lucky to be married to such a sweet,
beautiful, talented woman. She has essentially two degrees, one in
international business and one in opera performance :). She even
plays one of my favorite instruments, the cello! We got to perform
Beethoven's 9th with the Utah Symphony Chorus last Summer at the Sun
Valley Music Festival - so fun and one of my all-time favorite pieces.

Andrea and I have been happily married for a little over a year now.
I had been working as a software developer for the Church in the
missionary department until recently. A couple of months ago, I took
a job that has brought us down to Austin, Texas. We, along with our
three little cats made the twenty-two hour drive down here and set up
our little home. We are also expecting a little baby girl in August.
Fortunately, we have air conditioning!

Nice memories from the mission:
- Pesto and focaccia in Genova (yum!)
- Doing a special kind of sidewalk chalk mostra in Nervi on the boardwalk
- Humbling experiences with companions who taught me many great life lessons
- Singing at the 30th anniversary of the Church in Torino
- Teaching and learning from Pino Donato and Ezio and John Odigie
(from Nigeria) and many others
- So many other wondrous little experiences

I still think of friends made in the mission and pray for you. Take care!