Sunday, November 1, 2009

Jeffrey Swanson




We did have great missions and made wonderful bonds and memories serving together! A lot has happened in the intervening years. I've been married now for nearly 7 years, have 2 great little "girlies", Janae and Kiera, ages 4.5 and 1.5. About 3 years ago I took a job running the supply chain and logistics of Portland-based Schnitzer Steel Industries, we left Eugene, and settled down in the Portland area, eventually buying a home in Vancouver, WA. I also took an interest in the field of economics, and have been studying at Portland State University (PSU) for the last 2.5 years. I'm currently working on my M.Sci. in economics and have about 1 year left on that. At the same time I'm working on 2 M.Sci. programs in mathematics and statistics at PSU. I'm going to throw in some econ research, so I've got about 3 years to go and then I'll likely be doing a Ph.D. in econometrics/mathematical economics at MIT or Princeton.