Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sarah Weiland




Ciao tutti! I served in Torino Monterosa, Milano 2, and Genova Sestri. I was in Italy from November 1994 to March 1996. After finishing my mission, I went back to BYU and taught at the MTC. What a great way to come home--spending every day teaching and training others who were just as excited as I was about the church in Italy! I finished my BS in Psychology, moved home with the fam while I worked and took a few courses towards an MPA from the U of U, and eventually met my husband--Gavin.

We will celebrate ten years of marriage in March 2010. Crazy!! In honor of that, we went on a 10-day Mediterranean Cruise this summer--disembarking from Civitavecchia (Rome) exactly ten years from the day we first met (on a blind date). We spent a few days in Rome before the cruise, and travelled to Croatia, Greece, Turkey, and Sicily, then returned back to Rome. Before flying back to our kids, we also visited Pisa, Florence, and Venice. It was an amazing trip, and the second time I've been back to Italy since the mission. No matter how much my life changes, nothing takes the place of being in Italy. I love it there, and always will.

My husband is finishing up a radiology residency in the Army. We live in Washington, and he works at Madigan Army Medical Center (Fort Lewis). We'll be here until July 2011, then wherever the Army sends us. As of right now, there is not an Army radiologist in Italy--DARNIT! We have three children--Aubrey is 8, Lincoln is 5, and Jace is 2 1/2. I am blessed (and cursed some days--hee hee) to stay home with the kids.

I've run three marathons as well as multiple half-marathons and 10Ks over the years. I recently placed 2nd in my age division in a local triathlon. Staying active keeps me sane--both physically and with the gospel. I currently serve in my ward's Primary presidency as a counselor.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying strong. I am thankful for the Cleggs and everyone else who works so hard to keep us connected and keep the mission alive in our minds and in our hearts. Thank you!!

~Sarah Weiland Arnett