Friday, November 6, 2009

Sheri Olsen




I have so many favorites memories... biking the streets of Allessandria with the smell of gas and the sight of mud lingering from the flood, visiting Mamma Renza, contacting people on the bus up and down Corsa Francia all the way up to Rivolli, creating a "Thanksgiving feast" thanks to the members of Milano 3, planning talks for zone conference just in case your name was called. The memory I chose as one of the stand outs for me was gathering all missionaries serving in the Milano area to sing at the Duomo for Christmas. For those of you that were there you will remember that it was a foggy night. We gathered with our INNI books and began singing Christmas hymns. Everyone was out that night shopping at Piazza del Duomo. People began gathering by the hundreds and after a few songs we had a very large group of people staying to hear or songs of Christ. I will always
remember adding to the spirit of the season for the Italian people.

I am currently living in Cottonwood Heights, UT. I am married and have 3 children. I am a stay at home mom and I love it! I have been back to Italy a few times since my mission and I keep in contact with a few of the people I met there. I will always be partially Italian at heart.