Friday, November 6, 2009

Jeremie Manichon




Unfortunately I could not be with you saturday. I almost made it, but with the construction of our house, the work, and church responsabilities, it was too much. But till few days ago, I thought I was coming on the US ground again.
For months now I imagined how it would be to be with you all again.
Great feelings came back to me, and a special feeling from the Holy Ghost too.
After years, all I can say is that being a missionary, in Italy, with the Clegg, was one of the most glorifying blessing in my life.
I kept going to Italy three or four times a year for several years after the mission.
I love this country so much !!! Just like you.
If you have the opportunity, tell the returned missionnaries, that even if it wasn't always fun to serve with the "frenchie", it has been a privilege and a eternal blessing for me to serve with them.
I'm truly grateful for all the experiences and memories I got from those days around all of you.

To tell you a little more about me, I'm married, as you know I guess. My wife has 2 children from a preceeding mariage.
I run my own insurance agency.
I'm first conselor in the bishopric of our ward, and still keeping the good counsels you gave me throughout the mission.
My english isn't what it used to be, but I hope to be able to work on it during a next trip to the States for the next mission reunion !!

I had the opportunity to meet a returned missionary of the Milan mission a year ago.
Things have changed over there. Branches were gathered, discricts created, and stakes as well.
If you're interested, I could get precise informations from members in Italy. But you might have these informations already.

Be sure, I would have loved to be with you. Thank you so much for these meetings, I will do my best to come to a "normal" reunion next year.

Be sure, that I love you, both of you are always in my heart.

Jeremie MANICHON